- London Midland
- Station Staircases
- Polydeck Limited were selected by London Midland to provide an upgrade to their existing staircase steps that provide access to the platforms at four main line stations. There was a need to ensure that the treads complied with all relevant and recent legislation and would provide a long lasting and hard-wearing anti slip surface.
- The staircases were in very poor condition and had a variety of surface finishes which did not comply to the current rail legislation.
- Polydeck Limited recommended its Extra Heavy Duty ‘Metal Backed’ GRP Renovation Stair Tread.
- This product is a strictly ‘DDA’ compliant anti slip tread and was specified notably for its ability to be laid onto existing steps in a very poor condition. With no prior preparation or repairs, the tread could be simply overlaid and fixed to the existing step.
- In addition Polydeck’s Extra Heavy Duty ‘Metal Backed’ GRP Renovation Stair Tread is capable of withstanding the heavy foot traffic and luggage impacts that existed at the stations, whilst providing a safe anti slip surface that complied with all Equality Act and building regulation requirements.
- The treads were finished with a decorative ‘Diamond pattern texture’ wearing surface and colour contrasting nosing to assist the visually impaired.
- Polydecks 12mm corduroy tactile products were also positioned at the top and bottom of each staircase to alert the visually impaired to the presence of the stair edges.
Pictures before work began
Pictures after work was completed
Contact Polydeck today for the right solution for your next project! Polydeck’s very own GRIPFAST range of anti-slip products are manufactured to the highest possible standards, using quality materials from our trusted UK suppliers.
So, if you would like to discover how Polydeck can assist you in finding the perfect anti-slip solution, give us a call today on 01934 863678. Alternatively, you can request for our team to contact you at a more suitable time by completing our quick and simple online enquiry form.