TRUSTED BY LOCAL AUTHORITIES & BUSINESSES ACROSS THE UK
- London Midland
- Station Staircases
- Polydeck Limited were selected by London Midland to provide an upgrade to their existing staircase steps that provide access to the platforms at four main line stations. There was a need to ensure that the treads complied with all relevant and recent legislation and would provide a long lasting and hard-wearing anti slip surface.
- The staircases were in very poor condition and had a variety of surface finishes which did not comply to the current rail legislation.
- Polydeck Limited recommended its Extra Heavy Duty ‘Metal Backed’ GRP Renovation Stair Tread.
- This product is a strictly ‘DDA’ compliant anti slip tread and was specified notably for its ability to be laid onto existing steps in a very poor condition. With no prior preparation or repairs, the tread could be simply overlaid and fixed to the existing step.
- In addition Polydeck’s Extra Heavy Duty ‘Metal Backed’ GRP Renovation Stair Tread is capable of withstanding the heavy foot traffic and luggage impacts that existed at the stations, whilst providing a safe anti slip surface that complied with all Equality Act and building regulation requirements.
- The treads were finished with a decorative ‘Diamond pattern texture’ wearing surface and colour contrasting nosing to assist the visually impaired.
- Polydecks 12mm corduroy tactile products were also positioned at the top and bottom of each staircase to alert the visually impaired to the presence of the stair edges.