TRUSTED BY LOCAL AUTHORITIES & BUSINESSES ACROSS THE UK
Bristol City Council
The timber footbridge was very slippery in wet conditions.
The Polydeck Solution
- Provision of 6mm anti slip panels to be mechanically fixed on top of existing timber bearers.
- Each panel was cut into ‘planks’ to match the exact width and depth of the timber bearers.
- The 2mm gap between bearers was left to allow water drainage.
- The 6mm panels manufactured in a slate grey colour and ‘diamond pattern’ finish to match the design of the bridge.
- Polydeck diamond pattern panels manufactured with a heavy pedestrian finish to give a slip resistant value of ‘75’ dry and ‘67’ wet, ensuring a ‘low slip potential’ as measured by the UK slip resistance group.
- Non slip panels covered by our 30 year design life guarantee.