TRUSTED BY LOCAL AUTHORITIES & BUSINESSES ACROSS THE UK
Cheshire West and Chester Council
The overlay timber decking material supplied by an alternative manufacturer was delaminating after only 2 years. The result was to leave the footbridge with a dangerous and unsightly surface which was also allowing water to damage the support timbers below.
The Polydeck Solution
- Provision of 6mm overlay anti slip panels to replace the rotten and slippery timber decking material.
- Each panel was cut into ‘planks’ to match the exact width and depth of the timber bearers.
- A 3mm gap between the ‘planks’ was left to allow water drainage.
- The 6mm panels manufactured were finished in a bespoke ‘mottled grey/green’ colour and a bespoke aggregate was sourced to match the previous surface finish design, and to meet the concerns of the Heritage Department.
- Polydeck anti slip panels manufactured with a pedestrian finish to give a slip resistant value of ‘76’ dry and ‘74’ wet, ensuring a ‘low slip potential’ as measured by the UK slip resistance group.
- Panels were secured with stainless steel countersunk screws.
- The anti slip panels were supported with a 30 year design life guarantee.
Browse the entire range of non slip flooring.