Cheshire West and Chester Council
The overlay timber decking material supplied by an alternative manufacturer was delaminating after only 2 years. The result was to leave the footbridge with a dangerous and unsightly surface which was also allowing water to damage the support timbers below.
The Polydeck Solution
- Provision of 6mm overlay anti slip panels to replace the rotten and slippery timber decking material.
- Each panel was cut into ‘planks’ to match the exact width and depth of the timber bearers.
- A 3mm gap between the ‘planks’ was left to allow water drainage.
- The 6mm panels manufactured were finished in a bespoke ‘mottled grey/green’ colour and a bespoke aggregate was sourced to match the previous surface finish design, and to meet the concerns of the Heritage Department.
- Polydeck anti slip panels manufactured with a pedestrian finish to give a slip resistant value of ‘76’ dry and ‘74’ wet, ensuring a ‘low slip potential’ as measured by the UK slip resistance group.
- Panels were secured with stainless steel countersunk screws.
- The anti slip panels were supported with a 30 year design life guarantee.
Browse the entire range of non slip flooring.
Contact Polydeck today for the right solution for your next project! Polydeck’s very own GRIPFAST range of anti-slip products are manufactured to the highest possible standards, using quality materials from our trusted UK suppliers.
So, if you would like to discover how Polydeck can assist you in finding the perfect anti-slip solution, give us a call today on 01934 863678. Alternatively, you can request for our team to contact you at a more suitable time by completing our quick and simple online enquiry form.