- Network Rail, West Coast Mainline
- Renewal of Bridge Staircases with Polydeck’s Structural GRP Stair Treads
- Network Rail had identified that the wooden steps had become hazardous and extremely slippy in wet conditions.
- These stairs are part of a popular walking route between two large housing estates. They were becoming increasingly dangerous to use especially in poor light as there were no sightlines on the steps.
- The wooden steps were rotting and both uneven and the tread goings varied in depth.
- Polydeck Limited proposed the use of its 75mm Load Bearing GRP DDA compliant anti-slip all in one step comprising an integral GRP Riser plate to close out the gaps at the back of the step.
- The product allowed the contractor a quick and easy installation time which reduced the time that the staircases were out of use, minimising the disruption to local residents.
- The GRP step units consist of a safe durable long lasting anti-slip surface with an integral permanently colour contrasting highly visible sightline.
- The GRP steps had the ability to be fixed at consistent goings to provide a uniform staircase.
- The GRP riser plates closed out the gaps at the back of the steps making it safer for children and enhanced the colour contrasting nosings as pedestrians approached the stairs.
Contact Polydeck today for the right solution for your next project! Polydeck’s very own GRIPFAST range of anti-slip products are manufactured to the highest possible standards, using quality materials from our trusted UK suppliers.
So, if you would like to discover how Polydeck can assist you in finding the perfect anti-slip solution, give us a call today on 01934 863678. Alternatively, you can request for our team to contact you at a more suitable time by completing our quick and simple online enquiry form.