TRUSTED BY LOCAL AUTHORITIES & BUSINESSES ACROSS THE UK
- Network Rail, West Coast Mainline
- Renewal of Bridge Staircases with Polydeck’s Structural GRP Stair Treads
- Network Rail had identified that the wooden steps had become hazardous and extremely slippy in wet conditions.
- These stairs are part of a popular walking route between two large housing estates. They were becoming increasingly dangerous to use especially in poor light as there were no sightlines on the steps.
- The wooden steps were rotting and both uneven and the tread goings varied in depth.
- Polydeck Limited proposed the use of its 75mm Load Bearing GRP DDA compliant anti-slip all in one step comprising an integral GRP Riser plate to close out the gaps at the back of the step.
- The product allowed the contractor a quick and easy installation time which reduced the time that the staircases were out of use, minimising the disruption to local residents.
- The GRP step units consist of a safe durable long lasting anti-slip surface with an integral permanently colour contrasting highly visible sightline.
- The GRP steps had the ability to be fixed at consistent goings to provide a uniform staircase.
- The GRP riser plates closed out the gaps at the back of the steps making it safer for children and enhanced the colour contrasting nosings as pedestrians approached the stairs.