- Pedestrian footbridge.
- Norfolk County Council were looking to refurbish the footbridge at Coltishall, near Norwich.
- The footbridge was situated over a private railway and covered by trees. The timber panels which provided the walking surface had rotted and were slippery when wet.
- As part of the refurbishment programme, the council wanted to replace the timber panels with something longer lasting. As a consequence, they contacted Polydeck for a solution.
- Polydeck recommended the use of its 45mm thick bridge decking planks, in a plain black gritted finish to match the previous design.
- The planks are made from a non-rotting GRP and have an integral near-diamond-hard anti slip finish which is guaranteed to provide a safe non-slip walking surface for 30 years.
- The structural foam core inside the planks is also made from 100 recycled plastic bottles, so is environmentally friendly.
- The bridge decking planks were bedded onto the longitudinal steel supports of the bridge and a GRP beam was fitted in the centre to ensure the planks met the councils loading requirement of 5kN per Square metre with a less than 1/200 deflection.
- The same planks were used to provide a robust kick board along the outside edges of the bridge. These were fixed through the steel with coachbolts.
- The planks were fitted whilst Tarmac (the councils main contractor) worked on the painting of the bridge.
Contact Polydeck today for the right solution for your next project! Polydeck’s very own GRIPFAST range of anti-slip products are manufactured to the highest possible standards, using quality materials from our trusted UK suppliers.
So, if you would like to discover how Polydeck can assist you in finding the perfect anti-slip solution, give us a call today on 01934 863678. Alternatively, you can request for our team to contact you at a more suitable time by completing our quick and simple online enquiry form.