Captain Cook Museum, Whitby
The existing timber decking was rotten and slippery in wet conditions
The Polydeck Solution for Slippery Decking
- Polydeck Limited recommended the use of GRIPFAST BoardWalk, a revolutionary new concept in outdoor decking. Unlike traditional timber decking which rots and becomes slippery when wet, GRIPFAST BoardWalk is manufactured from rot-resistant glass fibre and is manufactured with an integral anti slip surface which provides a safe walking surface even in wet conditions.
- What’s more, GRIPFAST Boardwalk even looks like traditional timber decking. Available in three colours, the museum chose ‘pale birch’ to blend in with their colour scheme.
- Each 25mm thick load-bearing BoardWalk Plank was quickly and easily installed onto a timber subframe using stainless steel countersunk screws.
- Each plank has a design life of 30 years and provides a slip resistant surface which is rated as ‘Low Slip Potential’ by the UK Slip Resistance Group.
- Planks were easily cut down on site to shorter lengths to suit the specific area
- Manufactured in the UK by Polydeck Limited, the UK’s leading manufacturer and supplier of load bearing decking planks.
Contact Polydeck today for the right solution for your next project! Polydeck’s very own GRIPFAST range of anti-slip products are manufactured to the highest possible standards, using quality materials from our trusted UK suppliers.
So, if you would like to discover how Polydeck can assist you in finding the perfect anti-slip solution, give us a call today on 01934 863678. Alternatively, you can request for our team to contact you at a more suitable time by completing our quick and simple online enquiry form.