The footbridge was made from railway sleepers and was rotten. It was also very slippery in wet conditions.
The Polydeck Solution to Rotten Panels
- Provision of 58mm load-bearing anti slip panels to replace rotten and slippery railway sleepers.
- Load-bearing panels mechanically fixed to the sides of the bridge using ‘coach bolts’
- Each panel was cut into ‘planks,’ each 1780mm wide x 300mm deep to match the width and depth of the previous timber bearers.
- Polydeck 58mm panels spanned the entire 1780mm width and provided a load-bearing capability in excess of 5kN per SqM.
- The 58mm panels were manufactured in a plain chestnut brown finish to complement the rural location of the bridge.
- Polydeck panels manufactured with a heavy pedestrian finish to give a slip resistant value of ‘76’ dry and ‘74’ wet, ensuring a ‘low slip potential’ as measured by the UK slip resistance group.
- Polydeck panels covered by our 30 year design life guarantee.
Contact Polydeck today for the right solution for your next project! Polydeck’s very own GRIPFAST range of anti-slip products are manufactured to the highest possible standards, using quality materials from our trusted UK suppliers.
So, if you would like to discover how Polydeck can assist you in finding the perfect anti-slip solution, give us a call today on 01934 863678. Alternatively, you can request for our team to contact you at a more suitable time by completing our quick and simple online enquiry form.